While deploying Geoclue with friends, I came to the conclusion that we need a GUI tool for end users to setup Geoclue. Geoclue-properties was born. gstreamer-properties was an inspiration (for the name, and part of the visual aspect).
I started the project only last Monday night, but you can already do this with it:
- See your current address and postion according to Geoclue
- List installed providers and their provided services
- Set an address on the Manual provider
- Set the address for the current network on the Localnet provider
- List previously configured addresses in the Localnet provider
Just the last items save the user of having to use dbus-send incantations. For the screenshot lovers, here’s your dose.
The project is still quite embryonic. It is my first attempt at using Python for such a task and I lack knowledge (and quite frankly time) on how to create the project’s infrastructure (almost as if I am missing autotools — scary!). If someone is willing to contribute that or point me the doc I’d appreciate!